Friday July 3 2020

I am a chemist and I work in a lab. Sometimes I work with dangerous acids. I have worked with them for thirty years. I understand the hazards that are associated with acids. They can cause serious injuries or death, if they are not handled properly. I know that with the proper personal protective equipment and laboratory procedures, recommended by health and safety professionals, I can work with them safely. I wear gloves, safety goggles, and face shields when working with acids.

Acids do not have a political agenda. They are not a hoax. They are not going to just go away. Hydrofluoric acid is not just another acetic acid. I would never try to handle acids without gloves to demonstrate that I do not need to live in fear. I am not afraid of acids. If I said I had the right, as an American, to work with acids without gloves, I would be stupid, since it would only result in me getting burned.

When working with a highly contagious, deadly virus you should follow the recommendations of the health and safety professionals. Viruses do not have political agendas. They are not going to just go away. We do not need to be afraid to protect ourselves from the viruses, it is just common sense. Wear a mask when you are in public. Avoid large gatherings. If you don't you could get sick or die. You could infect your family and a family member could end up in the hospital or die. You could end up with a huge hospital bill. If there are too many infections we will have to shut down again and that could result in more unemployment and more economic loss.

That is why they come up with those rules. This Fourth of July demonstrate your patriotism by following the health and safety recommendations to stop this virus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday July 7 2020